DEAN MARTIN: RECOLLECTIONS by BERNARD H THORPE and ELLIOT THORPE
REVISED AND UPDATED WITH NEW AND EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS
AVAILABLE NOW – CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE FROM AMAZON!
“I sang some songs, acted here and there, but no way would I call myself exceptional. I just hope I did my best for my audiences.” – a somewhat self-deprecating comment from DEAN MARTIN on his own career. It was this laid-back approach to his work, however, that belied a dedicated and professional entertainer.
Author BERNARD H THORPE first got to know Dino in 1960 and what followed for the next thirty or so years was an unexpected working relationship between the two men. Bernard became instrumental in many of Dino’s album releases in the UK and a staunch promoter of the man’s career across the globe. This book is a respectful and unique look back at the career of a true, world-class entertainer and the story of how an unassuming family man from the British media industry became a life-long advocate and friend. Bernard sadly passed away in 2015 before his manuscript found a home but had given his son ELLIOT THORPE his blessing to finish the work.
As well as a full biography of Dean, this NEW, REVISED and UPDATED edition features:
- photos from the Dean Martin Association archives
- letters of correspondence
- detailed lists of his recordings, movie work and TV/radio/stage appearances
- extracts from the Dean Martin Association newsletters and journals since 1960
- never-before published essays
- new and archival interviews with people who knew and worked with Dean, including RICH LITTLE and JIMMY BOWEN
- contributions from professional artistes and entrepreneurs who keep Dean’s legacy alive
- archival interviews with DEAN MARTIN himself
- art by Steve Caldwell
DEAN MARTIN: RECOLLECTIONS is a unique and insightful look into the life of a reluctant but legendary celebrity who scaled the heights of Hollywood and worldwide fame.
Originally published in paperback in 2017 as ‘Just Dino – A Personal Recollection of Dean Martin’ by Chinbeard Books